LIFE♥MADE♥LEMONADE ❝ and I intend to drink it ❞   |   twitter   ·   facebook  ·   follow





The Girl
♥ I am Nicole. I am a wife and a mother of twins. Life is flying by me in a flash the older I get and I don't want to forget a minute of it- hence this blog. Hope you enjoy your time here!



Instagram
@nab8521

agenda
Mon Pinterest Nail or Fail
Tues Recipe of the Week
Wed Weight Loss
Thurs Time for God
Fri Focus on Family


weekly verse
Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

twitter


email
  Pinterest: Gardener’s Hand Scrub
Today’s Pinterest Fail or Nail comes from here.  When I saw this on Pinterest I thought it would make a great gift in almost any situation.  I sent Aaron out to get the soap for me and he came back with white instead of pink.  The soap still smelled fine- just not as pretty since there isn’t a soft pink touch to it. 
So I filled the jar 3/4 full of sugar…
001
Then I poured in soap until about halfway to the lip of the jar.  The original poster said to fill to the bottom of the lip but as I was adding soap I thought that might be too much. 
002
And then I stirred it all together…
003
I added about a nickel-sized dollop of soap just to make sure.  I ended up with a thick hand scrub.  It smells okay but honestly I think the pink soap would have had a better hand scrub smell.  I didn’t have extremely dirty hands to test out how well it worked but I tried it out anyway. 
It felt amazing while washing my hands and there were a lot of suds which I love.  The only thing I don’t care for is when you rinse your hands they have the same feeling as when you dry them after washing dishes- not silky soft at all.  I would definitely make this again but next time I think I’ll do half soap and half coconut oil.  I think adding in some oil will help give the silky soft feeling I was missing. 
So overall I think this was a nail- I still want to give it as gifts and will with my tweaks.  I’ll be back tomorrow with a recipe you won’t want to miss!
Technorati Tags: ,


< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.