LIFE♥MADE♥LEMONADE ❝ and I intend to drink it ❞   |   twitter   ·   facebook  ·   follow





The Girl
♥ I am Nicole. I am a wife and a mother of twins. Life is flying by me in a flash the older I get and I don't want to forget a minute of it- hence this blog. Hope you enjoy your time here!



Instagram
@nab8521

agenda
Mon Pinterest Nail or Fail
Tues Recipe of the Week
Wed Weight Loss
Thurs Time for God
Fri Focus on Family


weekly verse
Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

twitter


email
  keeping it real

The one personality trait I love on people more than any other is honesty.  I try to live my life as honestly as possible but I will admit that at times it is hard.  Sometimes it is easier to tell a lie to avoid hurting others’ feelings or avoid confrontation.  I try very hard not to lie in these situations- to myself or others.  So, in the interest of keeping it real, there are several truths I need to face about myself.

I am fat. I am lazy. I am a quitter.  I am a procrastinator. I take the easy way out every time.  I limit myself.  I never finish anything I start. 

I am messy.  I am disorganized.  I never put things back where I found them.  I will choose my computer over cleaning any day.

Some people would tell me not to speak so harshly about myself but everything I have said above is true.  The truth hurts.  I need a wake-up call.  I need to hear the truth.  I need to speak the truth.  I need to confront the truth.  I need to make new truths.

Want to hear another truth?

I am over it.  Over myself.  Over being fat. Over never finishing what I start.  Over being lazy.  Over being disorganized.  Over it all.

I have been this way for far too long.  I am ready for change.  I need change.  With help from God, friends and family, and effort on my part,  I will change.  

I, of course, realize that change requires action and I am, in fact, acting. 

I am beginning to address problems one by one, my first problem being going out to eat.  We go out A LOT.  Aaron works late hours and by the time he is off of work I usually just don’t feel like cooking.  We end up with fast food, pizza, or whatever restaurant we choose to go to.  This bad habit isn’t good for our wallet or my waist.  This week I took steps to addressing that problem.  Enter freezer cooking.

I have known about freezer cooking, or Once a Month cooking, for a long time.  It looked great but I never tried it.  The premise of it is basically to cook food and freeze it to have on hand for nights that you don’t feel like cooking.  It is perfect for someone like myself.  So this week I dove in head first.  Well, maybe I just dipped my toes in.  I figured to start out I would just try some really easy things first.  I got some boneless, skinless chicken tenders and 3 bottles of marinade at the store… I could have made my own marinade and in the future probably will, but for now I wanted convenience.  All I did was divide up the chicken, dump some marinade in each bag, labeled the bags, and stuck them in the freezer.  Ten dinners ready to be thrown on the grill.  I also divided up some frozen fruit mix for smoothies.  I just put 1/3 of a large banana in each bag with the fruit, labeled the bags and threw them in the freezer.  All I have to do now when I want a smoothie is dump one of the bags in the blender with some orange juice.  Easy peasy.  Today I added some taco meat, ground beef for spaghetti, and burgers to the freezer as well.  After all was said and done, I ended up with 8 smoothies and 15 meals. If all goes well with this little experiment I will be getting more in depth with the whole process. 

If you are interested in reading more about this way of cooking, I suggest going here: Once a Month Mom

Stay tuned!



| N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.